ASSEMBLY OF THE SOUTH SAVO REGIONAL COUNCIL
The Assembly of the South Savo Regional Council is the highest decision-making body of the Regional Council. It consist of 67 members. Members for the Assembly are chosen by municipal councils. The Assembly of the Regional Council shall in principle hold two meetings a year.
Chairman of the Assembly is Ms. Satu Taavitsainen who is a Member of the Finnish Parliament (Social Democratic Party).
Regional Assembly 2017 - 2019
- Chairman Satu Taavitsainen (Social Democratic Party), Mikkeli
- 1st vice-chairman Markku Kakriainen (Centre), Mikkeli
- 2nd vice-chairman Oskari Valtola (National Coalition Party), Mikkeli
Representatives of political parties 2017 - 2019 in the Assembly of the South Savo Regional Council:
- 23 Centre Party representatives
- 18 Social Democratic Party representatives
- 11 National Coalition Party representatives
- 6 The Greens representatives
- 5 The Finns Party representatives
- 3 Christian Democrats representatives
- 1 Left Alliance representative